Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tie dir is Awesome !!

Recently I did a first time activity that involved my school which was tie dying any piece of clothing that you owned. After my last class I went up stairs to where they where holding this event and saw nothing but everyone in robes and dye everywhere. When I saw everyone dipping clothes into solutions squirting dye on their clothes I began to get excited and threw off my book bag so I could join the fun. Once I took off my clothes I began to read the instructions of how to do this activity because this was my first time doing this. I walk over to put rubber bands on my shirts to make different designs so the colors would come if different spots on the clothes. I finish putting rubber bands on my shirts I put on gloves and dip my clothes in the solution that the science teacher made to help the dye sink into the shirt better. Soon I began to get the colors that I wanted my shirt to be and I used a squirt bottle to squirt the colors out. Once I did this my shirt was drenched in color I took the wet shirt and put it in a plastic bag to let it dry for for 24 hours. Once a couple days passed  I had to rinse the shirt in warm water to the water ran clear. Then I had to perform the last step was to wash the in the wash machine a couple time until the left over color was gone. I performed all of the steps and I dried and wore it to school on earth day. Once all the steps was done I loved the way my shirt turned off it was bright and very colorful!! Having the science department offer this incredible experience was so good I really enjoyed this activity and hope they do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment